A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Retroactive was created for the Extra Credits Holiday 2018 Game Jam using Panda3D.
- On the 7th of February a bugfix version was made available. The update is so late because I needed to keep the game exactly the way it was made during the 3 days of the Jam.
- On the 14th of February a special Valentines version was made available as a thank you to all the people who downloaded, played, shared, streamed, and featured on 'Games You Might Not Have Tried' ❤️
The theme was Preset - this game takes a twist on presenting things. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but when You experience that 'Oh, Wow, so THAT was IT!' moment you'll know that was it.
Also - there's a beachball in the game - if i have to explain you wouldn't understand.
As you can see from the screenshots it is strongly influenced by the '80 retro-futuristic style, Synthwave/Outrun and the old intro for Jonny Quest.
The game is short - but I can see myself turning it into something more. If You feel like playing the game more - please leave a comment, or a dollar, that would get me motivated. If You don't like it - I'd also like to hear why, don't be a stranger, leave a comment!
The source-code for this game is available under the GNU GPL license, if you want to run the game from source you will need to install Python 3.x and Panda3D
- A computer capable of running OpenGL 3.2.
- A mouse with at least one button.
- Speakers or headphones
All in-game interactions are made with the mouse pointer and the left mouse button. Just fallow the (worlds shortest) in-game tutorial .
In most cases no configuration is needed. You can Change the game resolution by just resizing the game window as you would resize any other window. For special options you can edit the included config.ini file using any text editor (like Notepad).
These are the options You might be interested in:
fullscreen = 0
win-size = 1280 720
sync-video = 1
sound-volume = 1.0
music-volume = 0.6
Changelog for bugfix version:
- Added missing fade out/fade in on game start
- Enemies respawn after the first playthrough
- Added screen shake
- Improved music-visual synchronization shader
- Minor non-game-affecting changes to source-code
- Build with updated Panda3D version
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Simple, effective and remarkable!
If you have anything else to add, I would say that it would be nice to end the game with an original boss fight..
Keep up the good work!
I see you too is a man of (synthwave) culture.
I'm pretty new to the synthwave scene, but it hit me hard and I'll definitely make more games in this audio-visual style. So stay tuned!
Thanks for creating retroactive DEV, I rally enjoyed the gameplay and the audio track to the point where I wished it was bigger but I played it several times :)